1. Frankston Arts Centre is a business unit of Frankston City Council. The Frankston Arts Centre Open Art Exhibition 2023 addresses the theme of ‘Renewal’. Entries must address this theme. Entries must be approved and paid prior to delivery at Cube 37, 37 Davey St Frankston on Friday 28 July 11am-5pm or Saturday 29 July, 9am-2pm. Contact the Visual Arts Officer to request an alternative delivery time. Postal and courier deliveries will not be accepted.
2. Digital artworks are encouraged at Frankston Arts Centre and entries via this medium will be displayed to sizes following Frankston Arts Centre staff recommendations. Video/film/animation works should be submitted as .mov or mp4 format files.
3. The winner of the FAC Open Exhibition will be allocated a gallery space deemed appropriate by the Visual Arts Officer and artwork approved by the FAC programming panel. The exhibition opportunity includes dates and an opening event as decided by the Centre. The overall value of the award will not exceed $3000.
4. An artist may submit ONE artwork only. Entries must be the original unaided work of the artist, executed no later than 2 years prior to the closing date. No third party may enter a work on behalf of an artist or entity. All mediums are encouraged; digital or installation works require prior discussion with the Visual Arts Officer to best display the entry and ensure there is sufficient space.
5. The artwork cannot be stored leading up to the delivery date or after the advertised pick up dates. The FAC reserves the right to dispose of uncollected artworks if no correspondence is entered into prior to November 1, 2023.
6. A winner will be selected by a panel consisting of one or more independent judges. The judges’ decision will include the artist’s ability to address the given theme; their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. All entry fees are non-refundable. This includes work that is not accepted, hung or not delivered. Entry numbers in the final exhibition will be limited due to space limitations and approval by the FAC programing panel and Visual Arts Officer. Frankston Arts Centre reserves the right to close entries before the closing date.
8. All entries must remain for the duration of the exhibition and must be collected from Cube 37 on Saturday 26 August 9am-2pm
9. Any artwork that is to be hung will need to be delivered with strong hanging points, sturdy hooks and/or wires already attached. FAC utilises a wired hanging system and doesn’t allow direct adhesion to walls. 2D artwork must be framed or solidly mounted. Artwork that does not comply will not be hung.
10. Entry in the exhibition does not necessitate that the work will be exhibited. Exhibitions will be limited by space, technical restrictions and approval of the Visual Arts Officer and FAC programming panel. Work that is wet, consists of living matter, considered unsafe or inappropriate to a high traffic, all ages, public multipurpose venue; oversized or has previously been exhibited at the Frankston Arts Centre will not be accepted. Overtly offensive or libellous material shall not be displayed. It is the artist responsibility to ensure that their work is not subject to libel, defamation of character or violation of copyright laws. The programming committee reserves the right to censor an exhibition if the content is deemed inappropriate for both a public or privately hired multi-purpose space.
11. Frankston Arts Centre has the right to reproduce supplied images and/or images of all exhibited pieces in print and digital promotional materials for the award, the exhibition and/or the Frankston Arts Centre.
12. Frankston Arts Centre will not be responsible for the loss or damage whatsoever to any work while in its custody.
13. Entries will not be accepted unless free of charges. All costs associated with entering, including insurance are to be borne by the applicant prior to delivery of the artworks.
14. Entrants under the age of 16 are to have a guardian’s consent.
15. All works sold will attract a 25% gallery commission. This commission will be deducted from the artwork price supplied by the artist. Price must be provided in retail ($) or Not for Sale (NFS). Price on Application (POA) will not be accepted or negotiated on the artists behalf and the work will be listed NFS in that instance.
16. The Frankston Arts Centre Open Exhibition Award is not transferable. If the winning artist is unable to accept the terms and conditions of the award the artist will forfeit the award.
17. Staff of Frankston Arts Centre and Frankston City Council may enter artwork for consideration but are ineligible for any awards or prizes.
The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Council for participation in exhibitions only. This information will be used solely by Frankston Arts Centre staff associated with this exhibition for that primary purpose and will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent or as permitted by law. You may apply to Council for access and/or amendment of the information.